Greetings! PantheaCon is the nation’s largest multi-tradition pagan religious conference. Our purpose is for everyone to come together in safe place to celebrate Community.
Since we are such a popular event, here are a few guidelines & suggestions to make things easier:
- An oldie but a goodie: “Do onto others as you would have them do unto you”. The Golden Rule is essential in a crowded, heavily charged environment. Also, “Please”, “Thank you” and “Excuse me” go a long way towards keeping the peace. Remember, while the Convention is about you as an individual, it’s also about us as a greater spiritual Community, so please act accordingly.
- Please treat the all Volunteer Staff with dignity and respect. We work around the clock on site to help you have the best experience possible. Organization, very precise scheduling, limited room capacities and last minute changes are all part of being at a Conference as compared to a Festival.
- Read your Schedule of Events Program Guidebook, not just the Pocket Program.The large Program Guidebook has all the details for each event including whether you’ll need your ID, if cell phones are allowed, if it’s a “Closed” presentation, a “Closed” ritual, Adults only, etc. “X” marks the spot for “Closed” presentations that will start promptly, so be patiently lined up and waiting outside the room at least 15 minutes early but no earlier than 30 minutes for Big Names and/or popular presentations.
- Pick only 3 ‘”must see” presentations a day to have fun and play. Because of the popularity of this conference and our room sizes, you will not be able to see everything you want, so plan accordingly and go with the flow. Doing something in every other time slot is ideal because it gives you plenty of time to eat, rest and line-up. While in line, take the opportunity to meet new people, network and turn it into a fun, productive space.
- Remember, if you have a disability that is not immediately apparent, please let a Staff member know so we can accommodate you at the front of the line.
- Keep a Watch or Timepiece other than your phone with you at all times and check it frequently.We must run a tight ship time-wise so it is your responsibility to know how long it takes you to get across the hotel, where the rooms are located and allot extra time for slow elevators and servers.
- You MUST wear shoes in all the Common areas. This has always been Hotel policy and we need to enforce it. You seriously do not want to walk barefooted on these carpets, especially in the high traffic areas.
- Breathe, Ground & Center frequently. With so many openly spiritual people crammed into such a small space, it’s very important to remember to use your shields and review & reset your personal wards at various points during the day.
- DO NOT photograph any attendees without their explicit permission. We take attendee privacy very seriously. Please see your Program Guide for more information.
Again, we welcome you and thank you in advance for your awesome behavior so everyone here can have a great Con. May Peace & Cooperation prevail!
Posted in: General