Booking a hotel room at the Doubletree is done in as fair a manner as possible to allow new people as well as seasoned attendees equal chances to book a room. We realize how frustrating the process is and we can only wish you luck in getting one. The hotel phone and system is heavily impacted with many problems and breakdowns. We have yet to find a better way of a fair management of the small number of rooms available for our eager friends.
The PantheaCon attendee rooms will be released in at least two blocks (there MIGHT be a third once we’re all done playing Tetris with everyone, but that is NOT a promise).
The first block of rooms will be released on Friday 10/27 at Noon Pacific DST (DST doesn’t end until 11/5).
The second block of rooms will be released on Monday 11/27 at Noon Pacific Time (no more DST).
Rooms may be booked one of two ways utilizing our group code of CDTPAN.
1. By calling Hyatt Central Reservations at 800-222-8733
2. By going online to doubletreebyhilton.com
If you need assistance with your reservation please email us with your reservation number, AND the actual name the reservation is under, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an email confirmation you can forward to us, that’s even better.
Here are some things I want to make sure you know:
1. I CANNOT say this enough – PLEASE do NOT call the hotel directly to book a room. No, not even if the main reservation line suggests you to do so (they have been told not to do this), so please do not do it. There are so many of you that try to book through the hotel directly that every room release you literally crash their entire phone system.
2. The nightly rate is $140.00 plus applicable taxes regardless of the number of people staying in the room (currently that’s $161.16 but may change by the time of arrival). King rooms can have a max of 3 people in them, Double Queen rooms can have a max of 4 people in them. A deposit of one night will be charged to the card used to make the reservation and this deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your reservation less than 72 hours before your arrival date.
3. Please remember that if you request a specific room to reserve, and even if the reservation system you are using tells you that you have it, there is NO guarantee that you will actually get that room – this is primarily because our contract explicitly states that only PantheaCon can assign room numbers before your arrival date and check-in (and central reservations may not know every little bit of our contract). Many rooms throughout the hotel have specific uses, which is why the convention handles ALL specific room assignments. I am happy to help you if I can and can be reached through the email at the end of this post.
4. The deposit towards incidentals that will be held on the card provided to the hotel when you check in will be $25 per night of the reservation. Incidentals include hotel parking, outside phone calls, pay per view movies, room service, charging hotel restaurant meals and drinks to your room, and any other hotel services and fees to your room. If there are no charges, the deposit will be released when you check out and may take up to 3 business days to be credited back to your card. If you check out early (before the departure date of your reservation) you will be charged an early departure fee of $50 – you can only avoid this by notifying the hotel of the early departure at the time of check-in.
5. There are a VERY limited number of cots, baby cribs, mini-fridges and microwaves in the hotel inventory. All of these items have additional costs, some of which are also taxable. The convention controls assignment of most of these through the Special Needs process and we almost always have more requests than can be fulfilled. If you request any of these items when making your reservation and are told that you will have them, that is NOT guaranteed. Again, I am happy to try to help you if I can and can be reached through the email at the end of this post.
6. The cut off date for reservations is January 31st, 2018. This is the last date that any rooms that may become available in our block can be re-secured at our group rate. After this date any cancellations and such immediately revert to hotel inventory and the hotel is solely responsible for what they charge for any such rooms. If you need to cancel close to, or after, this date please contact me at the email below so that we can try to keep the rooms with PantheaCon attendees at the group rate if at all possible.
7. Check in time is 3pm and check out time is Noon. If you try to check in before 3pm you will only be able to do so if there is a room available – there is NEVER a guarantee that you can check in early – the hotel should be able to hold your luggage while you wait for your room to be ready. If you want to check out later than Noon you can request that when you check-in, but if your room has a reservation arriving the same day you are leaving, the hotel will not be able to accommodate your request due to the other reservation. Also the hotel may charge you an additional fee for staying past the standard check out time.
PS: The Daily Parking rate at the hotel is $12 per car. In & Out privileges are only given to guests staying in the hotel. Valet parking is available, max rate per day is $27 at this time.
May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.