PantheaCon has grown significantly over the years. In consequence, some attendees have had difficulty getting into presentations. In some cases, there simply aren’t enough rooms of sufficient size to accommodate everyone who would like to attend every presentation. In others, presenters are providing materials and can only bring enough for a limited number of attendees. We’ve also heard some concerns about disorganized lines and related issues. To help alleviate some of these problems and to ensure that everyone has equal access to presentations, we are implementing Event Seating for PantheaCon 2012. This completely free service will allow help everyone know whether they will be able to attend some presentations that may be completely full without necessarily having to wait in line for a significant amount of time before a presentation.
- Programming staff will be handing out stickers that must be affixed to the back of your badge.
- You can only pick up one sticker per badge at the Event Seating table (check the Info desk for directions).
- For each presentation selected for Event Seating, stickers will be used to identify 70% of the maximum number of attendees who will be allowed to enter the room.
- We will release these seats in two blocks. Half of these seats will be available starting during the Friday dinner break (Friday, 2/17 at 6PM). The other half will be available starting at 9AM the day of the presentation in question. In each case, stickers will be available until they run out.
- The remaining 30% of seats (plus any stickers not claimed before the event) will be available for walk-ins and for individuals with limited mobility. We will be setting up separate lines for attendees with stickers and for those without.
- Your sticker expires when the presentation time slot begins. If you are not in line at that point, you risk having us give your seat away.
To illustrate this process, imagine that an event at 3:30 PM Sunday has been selected for Event Seating. The room can hold a maximum number of 300 attendees, so we will make 70% (210 stickers for an equal number of seats) available at the Event Seating table. Half of those (105) will be available starting on Friday at 6PM. The 105 stickers representing those seats will be available at the Event Seating table until they are all claimed. The other 105 seats will be available starting at 9AM on Sunday. The remaining 30% (90 seats) plus the seats represented by any stickers unclaimed by the end of the previous presentation (3PM in this case) will be available to walk-ins and to individuals with limited mobility who were not able to get stickers. Anyone not in line at 3:30 on Sunday risks having their seat given away.
To avoid creating more issues than we solve, we are testing our process with a very limited number of presentations this year and we will be soliciting your feedback. This year, the following presentations will require Event Seating:
- T Thorn Coyle, Opening the Seven Sacred Directions (Saturday, 1:30PM)
- Carl Neal, Magick Incense Making 101 (Saturday, 1:30PM)
- Orion Foxwood, Awakening Living Memory: Magic and the Art of Conscious Creation (Saturday, 3:30PM)
- Don Michael Kraig, The Seance Experience (Saturday, 11PM)
Please contact programmingpantheaconcom (programmingpantheaconcom) with any questions.